Painting a room is one of the easiest and most inexpensive ways to revitalize your home or change the look and feel of a space. Different colors can illicit different styles and feelings. A skilled painter can help you find the right color and help you achieve the look you are going for. Before wasting money on expensive renovations, or pricey pieces of furniture or decorative accessories in an effort to revitalize your home, see what a difference a fresh coat of paint or a new color can make.
When painting a room, call the painter who is always your best value. Call 919-510-0140 for your free color consultation.
Top Reasons For Painting A Room
- It has been years since the space was last painted. Interior walls become dirty, dinged up and worn, making the wall dull and dirty. A fresh coat can liven up and clean up the look and feel.
- Your color is outdated. If you decided to go with a trendy color and that time has passed, the color can date your home and make it feel out-of-style. A new color can restore an otherwise stylish room to full its full glory.
- You desire a new look or feel for a space. Maybe you are bored with the room or maybe you can’t put your finger on exactly what it is that the area is missing. Before shelling out money for new furniture or renovations, give paint a try. With all of the colors and techniques available, it can completely transform a room, giving you that new look you have been searching for.
What The Right Color Can Do For Your Home
Painting a room can be a breath of fresh air for the walls. A new wall color can transform space. The right color can make a small area feel large; a large one feel cozy; a dark space feel bright; or a plain one feel lively. It can accentuate the positives, enhancing key features; or hide and take focus away from unattractive features. It will provide a backdrop for all of the other features in your home, and will help personalize your house.
The Process of Painting A Room
Many people are under the impression that the process is to simply dip a brush or roller into paint and then add it to the wall. However, there is more to it than that. The steps include:
- Preparing the surface. This can include patching holes, removing wallpaper, removing texture from ceilings or walls, and cleaning them.
- Taping off the area. Color needs to stay on the surface it’s intended for and nowhere else. In order to ensure this happens, painter’s tape is used around baseboards, crown molding, doorways, and light switches. Not only does it keep color where it belongs, it gives clean lines around these items.
- Priming. Priming essentially gives you a fresh, clean canvas to work with. It covers any old color that may have been on the wall previously, and ensures that the new color will go on the wall evenly and smoothly.
- Painting. Depending on the size of the area, color and technique that are being used, it can be added to the wall with a brush, roller or sprayer. Additional coats will be then be added as needed.
How To Select A Color
When painting a room, the color is key. The right color can tie your furniture, flooring and accessories together. The wrong color can do the opposite, minimizing the size and features of an area, and making furniture and accessories feel out of place. But how do you go about selecting the right color? You take your time, do your research, and consult an expert for a color consultation.
Consulting a color expert gives you another opinion. The color expert will look at your flooring, furniture, size and architectural features of your home and make recommendations based on that. You’re going to see this color every day for years, so make sure you like it.
Call the painter who offers unparalleled service at a fair price. Call 919-510-0140 now for your free cost estimate.