- Think about the architectural style of your home. If you’d like the exterior color of your home to reflect the style after which it was designed, you might do some research on the color schemes that relate to that style of architecture.
- Consider the neighbors. Is your neighborhood the kind that likes to have a uniform or neutral look for all of the houses on the block, or do you and your fellow neighbors prefer for each house to have its own “personality”? If you want to stand out, consider the color schemes of your nearby neighbors.
- Think about a look that is timeless. House painting jobs are typically not an annual thing. Paint jobs for houses usually last a long time. Make sure that the color you use will be something that you will like for years to come. Don’t just pick the latest bright and popular color, because you may not like it a few years down the road. Conservative means safe.
- Don’t forget that you can use a few different colors. House painting does not have to consist of just one color. If you have architectural elements like trim or shutters, you can mix colors together to give your home a certain style or look. We can show you a variety of color combinations that work well together, so that you can know what to expect.
- Consider your yard and other landscaping. If you have a lot of green bushes around your house and plenty of lush pine trees, you might not want to paint your home a bright red color, for fear it might look too much like Christmas during the summer. On the other hand, if you have beautiful red rose bushes surrounding your house, a different shade of red might be the perfect color to make the roses stand out.
You can do additional research by looking in magazines and by watching different television programs to see what other people are doing. Write down some of your house painting ideas to discuss with us when we come to give you an estimate on the job.
In addition to simply doing the exterior painting, we also do some of the other odd jobs necessary to make sure we have a clean slate when we begin painting. Power washing can be used on your existing paint job, but it is also a great tool before we start new house painting. Different levels of pressure can remove bubbled or chipped paint to leave us a smooth surface to being painting. We also do small carpentry repairs to improve upon the appearance of your home, and help the new paint look that much greater. If you have any questions about these other services we provide, we can answer them.
Painting the exterior of your house is a project that you would not want to take on yourself. Depending on the size and shape of your house, painting it can be a pretty daunting task. That’s where we come in. We will come out and discuss your budget and ideas with you, as well as any concerns you might have, and provide a complete written estimate. We look forward to giving you a high quality professional look for the outside of your home!